Hasbro Transformers Prime - First Edition Optimus


My new favourite Transformers Prime figure in Vehicle Mode!

I was late to the game of collecting the toys from the Transformers Prime line & this FE prime was sold out all over Singapore by the time I started hunting for it.

Prices were sky high at around SGD$180 for a Hasbro FE Prime and I almost wanted to ship one in from overseas.

Luckily Hasbro decided to re-release the First Edition line in North America and somehow, departmental stores in Singapore started to have new stock for this fabulous figure.

Once I saw them on the shelves, I immediately grabbed two of them!

IMO, the mold for the FE Optimus is the best amongst all the Tranformers prime toys released to date.

 Great articulation and very cartoon accurate.

If I have to nitpick on the downsides to this Hasbro figure, it would be the grey areas (around the windshield, thighs & smokestacks) I just feel that they would look so much better with a silver finish.

In fact, I intend to paint those parts silver ASAP!

I am just so glad that I had decided to buy 2 of these guys.

Here is a comparison shot of the FE and the RiD versions.

The RiD figure is actually pretty nice as well but a little less cartoon accurate as the chest area doesn't quite resemble Optimus in the cartoon.

I simply love how the FE Version is taller and how it scales better with the other TFP toys.





Lastly, I proudly present the Takara Tokyo Toy Show Exclusive Shining Optimus Prime (behind the RiD figure) & my spare Hasbro First Ed. Optimus (behind the FE figure)

Thanks for reading!



Author : Unknown ~ darkenergon.blogspot.com

Hasbro Transformers Prime - First Edition Optimus was published by Unknown on Saturday 13 October 2012. Thanks for visiting and please leave your comments. There are currently 0 comments for Hasbro Transformers Prime - First Edition Optimus
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment